At the 2016 SXSW Interactive Conference in Austin, TX, three major independent healthcare agencies—JUICE Pharma Worldwide, AbelsonTaylor, and HCB Health—teamed up with the MIT Hacking Medicine group for a 3-day Hacking Medicine event. The health hackathon won the 2016 Med Ad News Heart Manny Award, shared by the three agencies.
Adding additional research to the Hacking Medicine event, the three agencies have collaborated to produce a white paper, titled Hacking Medicine: Finding Solutions for Today’s Healthcare Challenges. The white paper discusses the essentials for hacking medicine success, including:
- How to identify “latent needs”—issues and problems that customers face but have not yet realized
- How to create the ideal customer journey map to guide the hacking process
- How to co-create a start-up idea with patients, caregivers, and providers
- The key principles and techniques that drive human-centric problem-solving
- How to pressure-test an idea before execution
A similar event is now in the planning process with the MIT Hacking Medicine team for the 2017 SXSW conference.
Please download the Hacking Medicine white paper here: